a) The BUC Media Ministry in conjunction with the Conferences and Missions is fully subsidising many aspects of the BUC's netAdventist network. Below outlines what is and isn't covered by this subsidy
b) The subsidy currently extends to 31 December 2012 or until further notice.
c) Every effort will be made to continue to keep netAdventist fully or partially subsidised in the future.
d) Should there be need to pass the full cost on to individual sites, ample warning will be given in advance regarding available options.
e) It is estimated individual site charges would cost under £30.00 per year if no subsidy was in place.
a) The BUC netAdventist service is only available to official Seventh-day Adventist entities in the UK & Ireland.
b) There is no fee for sites being created.
c) A range of site design templates are on offer but if you require a unique design you can create your own, or contract someone with the appropriate skills to create one for you. Custom designs are not covered by the subsidy.
d) There is no charge for software upgrades and maintenance.
e) The Web Ministry department will forward on all good development ideas to the developers of netAdventist.
Hosting & Backup Service
a) Hosting costs are covered by the subsidy.
b) Each website has been allocated 1gb (1000Mb) of storage space for all content and files of their website. This is covered by the subsidy. Additional space is available on request for a fee (details below).
c) The system will be backed up weekly for the purposes of restoring the entire network in case of a network wide issue.
d) Currently an individual site can not be restored to recover your data but efforts are being made to make this possible in the future. You can currently personally back up your site - just not restore from it yet.
e) You are responsible to have some form of backup for all your content on your local computer in case of the event no content can be restored from your website. We advice that you do not consider the website to be a document/file/media management service.
f) Your default domain is covered by the subsidy. You are welcome to use your own custom domain with your netAdventist site. The cost of your custom domain is not covered by the subsidy.
If you require more than the default storage allocation, you can have your account expanded to one of the following size/price tiers:
BUC Annual Cost:
1Gb = £0,
2Gb = £15,
5Gb = £65,
10Gb = £140,
More? = Contact Us
a) Storage amounts listed include the subsidised storage space.
b) These costs are not covered by the subsidy.
c) The funds go into the pool of hosting charges for the web network, meaning any 'profit' from these charges simply goes towards paying for the rest of the sites.
d) These prices are subject to review and may change in the future if deemed we need to do so.
e) Payment is for a one year contract and is non refundable (it will go into the hosting pool of the network).
f) Payment will be required up front.
g) If you wish to upgrade your account a second time, you can do so by paying the difference between the 2 options for the remainder of your initial contract period.
h) You cannot incur charges by creeping over the limit without requesting to be moved into a higher tier. You will simply run out of room to upload files/content.
Training & Support
a) The best source of training and support material is available from our website, http://adventistwebministries.org.uk
b) Personal training and support may be available by your conference or union web coordinators and the Web Ministry department.
c) The developers of netAdventist will not support direct requests from webmasters. If issues cannot be resolved by your conference web coordinator or the Web Ministry department, the Web Ministry department will contact the developers to find a solution.
In using the netAdventist software you agree to:
- accept full responsibility for the content which is displayed on the website in the areas under my control;
- make sure that all content I upload does not breach copyright and if it's copyrighted, has the approval to be replicated;
- accept that the System Administrators of the British Union Conference, on behalf of the BUC Communication Advisory Committee, reserve the right to remove unacceptable content including, but is not limited to content that:
- goes against the theological teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist church, or
- contains discriminatory information, illegal activity, obscene and/or adult content.
In using the netAdventist software you agree to:
1. Be clear when you collect personal information from the users of your website.
3. If you want to use this information for any other purpose, you need to first seek consent unless that is not required by law.
4. Only use or disclose personal information to:
- supply user with goods, services or information they have requested;
- meet any legal requirements.
5. Take all measures to make sure personal information is secure and unauthorised people do not have access to this information.
The British Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists (BUC) provides a range of electronic services including the netAdventist software, web hosting and newsletters (Electronic Services) to local churches and other entities of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
These terms and conditions, including the content policy, copyright guidelines, and privacy agreement below, have been developed and published here to ensure that you understand the legal terms that govern your use of our Electronic Services. You must therefore read and agree to the following terms and conditions before accessing and using these Electronic Services for the benefit of the entity you represent:
1. By accessing or subscribing to any of the Electronic Services the entity agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and any future modification and/or addition of these terms and conditions.
2. We may vary or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will be effective immediately from the time we post the amendments to our website or we notify you in any other way. You may like to print a copy of these terms and conditions for your records. We also recommend you check our website (http://web.adventistwebministries.org.uk) for any changes from time to time.
3. All media, information, trade marks, trade names, logos and other material provided through our Electronic Services (including all copyright and other rights contained in them) are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced or dealt with in any way without our consent.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Electronic Services are provided solely for the non-commercial use by local churches and other entities of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. You must only use our Electronic Services for that purpose.
5. Please contact us if you would like to place a link to any part of our website. Any link you make to any Electronic Services must be in a way that presents the service as we intended. You must not directly link to, frame or manipulate the material contained in an Electronic Service or disguise its origin or ownership.
6. You agree to us communicating with you regarding our various web-related activities, events, goods or services by electronic messages.
7. We use reasonable care in preparing and presenting material we provide through our Electronic Services. Information may be provided by third parties, including other users, and we are under no obligation to verify this information.
8. Information or links to other websites provided by us or other users of our Electronic Services is provided as general information and reference only and in no way provided as our advice, approval, recommendation or endorsement. If you believe we are using or linking to any material that infringes the rights of a third party (including copyright), please notify us immediately.
9. We make no statements or guarantees relating to the operation of our Electronic Services, or that the information and material provided through the Electronic Services are accurate, suitable for you, always available, complete or current.
10. Any personal information, e-mail addresses or other electronic addresses provided in or accessible through the Electronic Services must not be harvested for use in another database or used to send commercial electronic messages or be placed on any e-mail distribution list.
13. You are liable for any claims by other users, third parties or us for loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered in connection with your use and participation in the Electronic Services and material that you provide us (including claims it is defamatory or infringes confidentiality or intellectual property rights) and you agree to indemnify us and our officers, employees, agents, contractors and advisors against any such claims.
14. Whilst we will make every effort to secure the network we make no guarantees that the Electronic Services or the information contained in or provided through the Electronic Services will be free of harmful computer viruses, data, code or programs.
You should ensure you are using an up to date virus scanner.
15. To the full extent permitted by law:
- we take no responsibility and disclaim all liability for information or services provided through our Electronic Services, or for decisions made on the basis of information shown or not shown through an Electronic Service, whether due to our negligence or otherwise;
- we disclaim all liability for any claims, loss, damage, costs (including legal costs), expense or liability of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with our Electronic Services, whether direct, indirect, consequential or special and whether we were aware of the possibility of that loss or damage or whether it was due to our negligence or otherwise. You unconditionally release us and our officers, employees, agents, contractors and advisors from any such liability;
- we exclude all terms and warranties implied by law. If a term or warranty cannot be lawfully excluded, where applicable we limit our liability to the extent permitted by law to, at our option and where applicable, resupplying or the cost to your entity of acquiring the relevant services; and
- we will not be liable in any circumstances for any delays or interruptions in the provision of the Electronic Services.
16. At any time and without notice or liability we may change the content or format or method of delivery of the Electronic Services, withdraw any material or services provided or refuse to allow any user or third party access to the Electronic Services.
17. Access to and participation in the Electronic Services is governed by the laws of New South Wales and Australia and your entity agrees to be bound by these laws and submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales and Australia.
18. Nothing in our Electronic Services is an offer to provide goods or services in any place if to do so would be in any way unlawful in that place. You must not access the Electronic Services from such a place or use them in a way that would result in a breach of a law of that place.
19. We may transfer or sublicense our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions but you may not.
20. The use of the word "including" in these terms and conditions is not to be taken as limiting the meaning of the words preceding it.
21. Any provision of these terms and conditions that is invalid in any place is only invalid in that place to that extent, without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions or the validity of that provision in any other place.
22. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must not use or sign-up to any Electronic Services.